KNOWLEDGE BASE: Compact Discs
Below you can find out how to prepare your audio tracks for replication as well as information about order processing.
Submitting audio master
- Master can be submitted as a production-ready copy as DDP file with md5 checksum. It is also possible to submit the master as BIN+CUE, ISO or NRG files, but after prior approval from 8Merch team.
- Master can be submitted as a production-ready copy on CDR or DVDR. While submitting a physical master, please label it clearly “MASTER” on the disc surface, accompanied by artist name and release title.
- Master can be submitted as a zipped package with WAV files. However, it is obligatory to compile a DDP master image out of them, which we can perform as additional service charged at 50 EUR. You will receive that DDP image with embedded player, so you can listen and approve, before we process it further.
- You are strongly advised to keep a backup copy of the master.
- Master submitted to 8Merch must be prepared as a final release – we will replicate it to the total number of ordered copies.
- Please note that we offer professional mastering services, in case you are in need of them. Please contact us for detailed pricing.
- Total playing time should not exceed 74 minutes and 44 seconds (according to The Philips Red Book), but it possible to press CDs with longer playing times. However, 8Merch does not take responsibility for the accuracy of the final product when the total playing time exceeds 78 minutes.
- Total number of tracks should not exceed 99 and the minimum track playing time should be 4 seconds (according to The Philips Red Book).
- CD-Text / ISRC / EAN / UPC must be recorded onto the submitted master. Additional charges apply when 8Merch is ordered to insert the above mentioned codes / information. Please note that this meta data is not obligatory and it is only up to you, if you would like to include it on your master audio.
Disc on-body printing specification
- Artwork can be printed with or without white background – please specify this option with your order.
- Depending on the artwork type, we can use either litho or screen printing on your CD on-body.
- Colour specification: CMYK. Additional Pantone colours can be applied.
- Resolution: min. 300dpi.
- Accepted file format: PDF. Other files format like EPS, TIFF, JPG are accepted only after prior approval from 8Merch team.
- It is advised to convert all fonts to outlines. Minimum size: 5,5 pt (positive) and 6 pt (negative).
- Trapping is required for image and line elements.
Here is a short overview of how we fulfill your CD replication order.
Placing an order
You can place your order using this website. Just go to Compact Disc Replication section and do one of the following:
- select a pre-defined package (if you are looking for a simple product)
- configure your package (if you want more customized product)
- fill in the quote form and send to us (if none of the above is sufficient)
Along with the order specification submitted through one of the ways described above, we will need the following to start your order processing:
- audio master uploaded to 8merch-audio.wetransfer.com (if it is submitted in a digital format) or sent to our office (if submitted in a physical format)
- artwork files uploaded to 8merch-dtp.wetransfer.com (please check this page for detailed artwork preparation guideline)
- completed Tracklist Form
- completed Copyright Declaration Form
- payment (we accept direct bank transfer, credit cards and PayPal)
Processing your order
Once your order is submitted, we check audio and artwork files you have provided us with. You receive digital proofs for all printed parts and after you have approved them, we will start the pressing and printing process.
Obviously, if there are any errors in the supplied files, we will notify you about that and instruct you what shall be corrected. Please check Artwork Preparation Guideline to learn more about how to correctly prepare the files as well as read through the most common mistakes.
Normally a CD replication order is fulfilled within 10 – 15 working days, counting from the day of all files approval and received payment. Please note that these are only estimates and the final turnaround time will depend on the quantity ordered and specification of the packaging. Additionally, these lead times may vary significantly, depending on the current workload and market situation and can both be shorter or longer. You can always drop us a line to check what is the current lead time.
After your order is fulfilled, we carefully pack it and ship to a desired destination. We ship worldwide via both standard and express delivery services and we can also drop ship to multiple location directly from our warehouse.
Last, but not least, at the end of the process, you will also receive a nice bonus from us – a set of professionally taken photos of your product, which you can use for commercial and marketing purposes.
We compiled a list of templates for the most frequently ordered packages. Just browse and download below.
If a template you are looking for is not here, just e-mail us.
- 4-panel for 1CD [ pdf | indd ]
- 4-panel for 1CD with sleeve for booklet [ pdf | indd ]
- 4-panel for 1 CD with cut for booklet [ pdf | indd ]
- 4-panel for 2CDs [ pdf | indd ]
- 6-panel for 1CD [ pdf | indd ]
- 6-panel for 1CD with sleeve for booklet on left side [ pdf | indd ]
- 6-panel for 1CD with sleeve for booklet on right side [ pdf | indd ]
- 6-panel for 1CD with cut for booklet [ pdf | indd ]
- 6-panel for 2CDs v.1 [ pdf | indd ]
- 6-panel for 2CDs v.2 [ pdf | indd ]
- 6-panel for 2CDs with sleeve for booklet [ pdf | indd ]
- 6-panel for 3CDs [ pdf | indd ]
- 8-panel for 1CD [ pdf | indd ]
- 8-panel for 1CD with sleeve for booklet [ pdf | indd ]
- 8-panel for 1CD with two sleeves for booklets [ pdf | indd ]
- 8-panel for 2CDs [ pdf | indd ]
- 8-panel for 2CDs with sleeve for booklet [ pdf | indd ]
- 8-panel for 3CDs with sleeve for booklet [ pdf | indd ]
- 8-panel for 4CDs [ pdf | indd ]
- 10-panel for 1CD (cross design) [ pdf | indd ]